MP decides not to hold direct mayoral elections
By The Times Of India 26-Sep-2019
- The state government decided to restore the old system of indirect elections of mayors of municipal corporations.
- Presently, the mayors and presidents are elected directly by voters in respective areas.
- Under the new system, councillor will elect the mayor and the president.
- BJP alleged that the ruling party was scared of defeat in ensuing elections. That's why it is taking such undemocratic decisions.
- In reply the Congress stated that there were flaws in the old election system.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know