BJP Creating Atmosphere of Fear Over NRC: Mamata Banerjee Attacks BJP
Nav Bharat Times
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee accused the BJP of creating an atmosphere of fear over NRC.
- On Monday, Banerjee claimed that six people had died in the state due to this.
- Mamata Banerjee said, "NRC will not happen in Bengal or any part of the country. This was due to the Assam Accord in Assam.”
Also Read: Not a Single Hindu Will Have to Leave the Country: Mohan Bhagwat Coordination Meeting
- Accusing the BJP of" undermining democratic values "in the country, Banerjee said.
- The Assam Accord was signed in 1985 between the then Rajiv Gandhi government and the All Assam Students Union.