On Bombay High Court order, FIR filed against BJP MLA Narendra Mehta
- The police have registered an FIR against BJP lawmaker Narendra Mehta, Mira-Bhayandar Municipal Corporation Commissioner Balaji Khatgaonkar and few of his subordinates in connection with the sprawling 711 Club in Bhayandar East.
- The action follows the orders of the Bombay High Court on Thursday.
- In a criminal petition filed by activist Dhiraj Parab, MLA Mehta and few MBMC officials were accused of allowing the clubhouse to be constructed in a regulatory zone.
Also Read: Maharashtra Assembly Polls: Shiv Sena ready to play second fiddle, denies 'go solo' claims
- Parab has alleged that Mehta used his political power to illegally raise the plush structure between 2008 and 2014.
- Earlier, at least five different FIRs had been registered against this club for destroying mangroves. However, no action was taken. The latest FIR also names a few committee members of the club.