Govt plans to connect NorthEast States to Delhi by long distance trains
- Union minister of state for Railways Suresh Channabasappa Angadi said that all the eight states of the Northeast will be connected to Delhi by long distance trains.
- The union minister said this while visiting the Bogibeel bridge on his way to Itanagar to attend a programme.
- The Union minister stated that the Railway ministry was committed to finish all pending railway projects of the North East by 2022.
- The Bogibeel bridge is the fourth bridge over the Brahmaputra and connects Dibrugarh and Dhemaji districts.
- On December 25, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugurated the 4.94-km long Asia’s second longest rail-cum-road bridge.
Also Read: GMCH must take advantage of the Act East Policy: Assam CM