Karnataka to promote innovation ecosystem at much advanced level
- Karnataka has decided to set up an exclusive body to boost innovation ecosystem.
- Government would set up Karnataka Innovation Authority under Chief Minister chairmanship and one of his deputies, C.N. Ashwath Narayan.
- The State would also set up a vision group for start-ups, in partnership with the industry and the academia.
- Appreciating the move Dr. Narayan said that Karnataka was recognised as a global leader in innovation and technology, with Bengaluru being the fourth largest tech cluster in the world.
- Going forward he stated now the key focus would be on skilling start-up incubation, developing global alliances and concentrating on tier-2 cities.
Also Read: Yediyurappa plans to build a film city at Roerich Estate, Forest Department opposes proposal