Yediyurappa plans to build a film city at Roerich Estate, Forest Department opposes proposal
By The Hindu 16-Sep-2019
- Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa proposed that a film city be built at the Roerich and Devika Rani Roerich Estate at Tataguni.
- The forest department opposes his plan by saying that it will disturb its thriving biodiversity.
- According to the forest officials, any intrusion will harm the wild animals living there. Also the estate is one of the rich natural habitats left on the outskirts of the city.
- Environmentalist have already expressed concern over increasing urban pressure, with the NICE Road flanking one end of the estate, and its proximity to the upcoming metro line.
- Earlier also, in May 2017, Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (BMRCL) had planned to build a depot acquiring the forest land of Uttarahalli Manavanthe Kaval reserved forest then also the Forests Department aggressively opposed the proposal stating that building a depot and constructing a metro viaduct would block the elephant corridor.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know