Govt. plans to bifurcate Ballari to create new district
- Karnataka is set to get a new district after nearly a decade, taking the state’s total to 31.
- The BJP government is planning to carve out six of the 11 taluks of Ballari district into a new district —Vijayanagara.
- A delegation lead by Anand Singh, one of the 17 disqualified MLAs had met Mr Yediyurappa and urged him to create a separate Vijayanagara district by bifurcating Ballari.
- Some parts of the Ballari district were about 200 km away from the present hedquarters which the Chief Minister said causes inconvenience to farmers and comman man.
- Sources said the move is a bid to placate Anand Singh and other MLAs who are key to the BJP government’s continuance.
Also Read: BS Yediyurappa promises separate Secretariat for Kalyana Karnataka