Smart City Project: Govt to build state-of-the-art stadium and night shelters for homeless
- The Assam government will build big size entry gates at LGBI Airport and Khanapara in Guwahati reflecting the heritage of the State.
- The government also decided to build a state-of-the-art stadium having facilities for indoor and outdoor games as well as an 1.3 km iconic bridge at the Brahmaputra riverfront.
- The decisions were taken during a review meeting to discuss the implementation of the Smart City project held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal.
- Chief Minister Sonowal also directed the officials of Guwahati Development Department (GDD) to carry out a survey to identify the homeless people in the city.
- He asked the GDD officials to develop available space on the lower parts of the flyovers as night shelter area for the homeless with proper sanitary toilets.
Also Read: CM plans to make Tinsukia a modern and progressive city