CM plans to make Tinsukia a modern and progressive city
- On the occasion of laying the foundation stone of railway over-bridge on LNB Road (Sripuria Road) at Tinsukia Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal said that Tinsukia is a historic city which is known as a commercial hub and the city has always made contributions towards the economic progress of the country.
- The 563.40 meter long over bridge would be built with 50:50 State and Central Government financial sharing for a total cost of Rs 60.21 crore.
- He also called on the people of Tinsukia to pledge to make the city clean and green and also to strengthen the age old harmony and unity among the different ethnic groups of the society.
- PWD minister Himanta Biswa Sarma also put his views that it was a long standing demand of the people of Tinsukia for the railway over bridge and as a result, the project was started over LNB Road railway crossing jointly by State and Central Governments.
- The minister also highlighted the schemes of Assam Government like Apon Ghar for subsidized housing loans, education loan like Abhinandan, Mudra scheme for young entrepreneurs for setting up MSME.
Also Read: CM lays foundation for various development project at Dibrugarh’s Bindhakata