Sivasagar prepares for eco-friendly & plastic-free Durga Puja
- A meeting held by the Deputy Commissioner to brief the Puja committees about various guidelines for an eco-friendly and plastic-free Durga Puja in Sivasagar district.
- Chairing the meeting, Deputy Commissioner Dr. S Lakshmanan requested the office-bearers of the puja committees to extend full cooperation and to abide by all relevant rules and regulations.
- He also requested to devise interesting ways in the mandap premises to create public awareness against harmful effects of plastics and polythenes.
- Lakshmanan also requested to maintain cleanliness in the puja premises and stressed on engaging volunteers to properly look after the matter.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi appealed for a plastic-free India to nation during his Independence Day address.
Also Read: CM assures full support of state government for NRL expansion project