KCR: planning for the accessibility of water in erstwhile Nizamabad
Also read: KCR announces 28 percent share in profits to Singareni workers
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao called for a plan to supply drinking water to all the Assembly constituencies in erstwhile Nizamabad district.
- KCR said, “Nizamsagar and Singur reservoirs are facing water shortage. Temporary arrangements must be made to ensure drinking water this year."
- Rao at a meeting chaired by Speaker Pocharam Srinivas Reddy, this issue, along with podu cultivation in the former Nizamabad district, were discussed.
- CM instructed officials to plan to draw water from Pargi, Komati Banda, SRSP reservoirs and any other possible source to supply water to the villages.
- He also assured that where these systems cannot reach villages, water tankers should be pressed into service and groundwater drawn from borewells should also be used.