Mizoram Bill detecting illegal immigrants sent to President
Also read: ZPM: Development is unlikely to be done during MNF govt.
- Mizoram Governor Jagadish Mukhi has sent a Bill that seeks to detect illegal immigrants residing in the state to President Ram Nath Kovind.
- The information is given by Speaker Lalrinriana Sailo on Wednesday.
- The legislation is somewhat similar to the National Register of Citizens (NRC) for Assam, which was made public last month.
- “The Bill was passed and sent to the Governor in march. It has been referred to the President recently. I don’t know why it took six months for the Governor to refer the Bill to the President,” said Sailo.
- Besides identifying illegal immigrants, the Bill aims to provide a credible individual identification system.