Tripura Congress faces crisis, state chief says ‘BJP, RSS people’ eyeing key party posts
- State unit chief Pradyut Manikya Deb Barman may step down over differences with AICC in-charge of the state, Luizinho Faleiro.
- The barman said he will not allow “BJP and RSS people” to take any “key post” in Tripura Congress.
- the heart of the tussle is Barman’s plea in Supreme Court seeking implementation of the National Register of Citizens (NRC) in Tripura.
- Faleiro’s alleged attempt to replace Barman with Subal Bhowmik, who rejoined the Congress from the BJP in March.
- A leader who attended the meeting said Faleiro argued that Barman should not annoy Bengalis in the state.
Also read: Tripura CM Biplab Deb vows to take stern action against corruption