DK Shivakumar case: Karnataka Congress MLA appears before ED
- Karnataka Congress MLA Laxmi Hebbalkar appeared before the Enforcement Directorate in connection with the money laundering case against her senior party colleague DK Shivakumar.
- ED sources said the MLA, who represents the Belagavi (Rural) constituency, has been asked to appear before its officials on September 19 in New Delhi.
- Hebbalkar confirmed receipt of the summons and said she had requested the ED to allow her to depose at her residence itself but the agency was yet to respond.
- Shivakumar has been in the ED custody since his arrest. The agency had earlier summoned his daughter Aishwarya in connection with the case.
- In September last year money laundering case was registered against Shivakumar, Haumanthaiah, an employee at Karnataka Bhavan in New Delhi, and others.
Also Read: DK Shivakumar approaches Delhi HC seeking copy of his statements recorded by ED