DMK postpones protest against 'Hindi Imposition' after meeting Governor
- On Wednesday, DMK announced its decision to postpone the stage protest against 'Hindi Imposition'.
- The protest was planned to held condemning Union Home Minister Amit Shah for advocating Hindi as a unifying national language.
- Stalin told journalists that he has postponed it after Governor assured him that Hindi will never be imposed on the State.
- He added, "Mr. Shah [has] also clarified that his remarks were misunderstood."
- He calls it as a victory for the DMK since the party had been opposing the imposition of Hindi.
ALSO READ: DMK to oppose Central government's Hindi Imposition on Tamils