Kerala seeks Centre’s Help to Avoid kochi flats Demolition
Also read: Congress demanding CAG audit in KIIFG and KIAL
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan said that all possible efforts will be made to find legal ways to avoid the demolition of Kochi locality.
- "There was consensus on sending an all-party delegation to discuss the issue with the central government, if need be," a press release from the chief minister's office said.
- The Kerala govt. wrote a letter to the Union Ministry of Forest, Environment and Climate Change for appraising the SC about the damage from the demolition of the buildings.
- Around 350 families have refused to vacate their flats despite the deadline to do so ending.
- While Ramesh Chennithala said that SC order must be implemented cautiously. When Sabarimala issue came, we followed the same line.