Telangana Liberation Day: BJP cadres disappoint as Shah cancels his visit
The News Mintue
the news minute
Also read: Telangana assembly passed resolution against uranium mining
- Central Home Minister Amit Shah will not be visiting Telangana on September 17, as the state the state is observing its 'Liberation Day'.
- This is likely to affect the morale of BJP cadres, who were excited for Amit Shah's visit and had made several arrangements.
- The party has planned 'tiranga yatras' across the state and its leaders and cadres will hoist the national flag in all 33 districts to mark the occasion.
- A public meeting is also scheduled at Patancheru near Hyderabad.
- While the reason for Amit Shah's decision is unclear, media reports suggest that he had other commitments to attend to.