Telangana assembly passed resolution against uranium mining
Also read: KCR shuts the opposition, all allegations answered
- Monday, Telangana Assembly passed a resolution urging the Centre not to allow uranium mining operations in the Nallamala forest region.
- State Municipal Administration Minister KT Rama Rao mentioned the Nallamala forest as a home to the 'Chenchu' people and rich biodiversity.
- With great concern, KT said, “uranium mining might hurt the ecological balance in Nallamala forest region.”
- CM K Chandrasekhar Rao also asserted that the state govt. had never permitted uranium mining post June 2014.
- Rao said that even if the Centre insisted the exploration, the state would fight it unitedly.