T.N. government released the E-vehicle policy for the boost
- On Monday, CM Edappadi released the Tamil Nadu Electric Vehicle Policy(2019).
- Government has provided these concessions to give a boost to the manufacture and use of electric vehicles in the State.
- The policy called for 100% road tax exemption till December 30, 2022, besides the registration charges for electric two-wheelers.
- According to policy investments made from April 1, 2018, will be considered eligible for availing incentives.
- To distinguish electric vehicles from others, registration number shall be exhibited in yellow colour on a green background for transport vehicles and in white on a green background for all other EVs.
ALSO READ: DMK to oppose Central government's Hindi Imposition on Tamils