Ladakh BJP wants to replicate Sikkim Article 371F model in new UT
- BJP functionaries from Ladakh are planning to replicate Sikkim’s Article 371F with the new Union territory getting official on October 31 this year.
- The party functionary asserted on a cautious approach towards the new developments for the newly created UT's.
- Asserting on the strategic importance of Ladakh for the entire nation, the BJP president proclaimed the peaceful stand of the UT 'despite being squeezed between China and Pakistan'.
- The Ladakh leaders also highlighted the contributions of MP Jamyang Tsering Namgyal and environmentalist Sonam Wangchuk of having ascertained Ladakh’s popularity.
- At other end, the BJP leaders highlighted how leaders in Sikkim have shown interest in learning from Ladakh.
ALSO READ: Sikkim CM to attend NEC meet in Guwahati