Former Andhra Pradesh Speaker Kodela Siva Prasada Rao Commits Suicide
- On Monday, Andhra Pradesh Assembly Speaker Kodela Siva Prasad Rao committed suicide at his residence in Hyderabad.
- Mr. Rao, 72, was one of the senior-most leaders of the opposition Telugu Desam Party in the state.
ALSO READ: गोदावरी में पलटी नाव: 11 की मौत, PM मोदी ने जताया दुख
- He was taken to Basavatarakam Hospital, which he had set up with actor-politician Balakrishna, where doctors confirmed his death.
- Rao, who was reportedly upset over the cases being foisted against his family members by the YSRCP.
- A political slugfest erupted soon after Rao's death, with TDP leader Kesineni Nani calling his demise not a suicide albeit a "brutal murder by chief minister Jaganmohan Reddy".