Kerala governor trolled over his tweet on "one nation, one language"
the new indian express
Also read: Will look into Maradu flats demolition issue: Arif Mohammad Khan
- After Union Home Minister Amit Shah suggested ‘One nation, One language’, Kerala Governor Arif Mohammad Khan changed his vision over this idea.
- Khan who initially supported the idea, tweeted,“To me, all languages spoken in India are national languages as they’re spoken by Indian nationals. All languages leads to the same destination - understanding.”
- Also, Khan’s tweet on Saturday, “Let us strengthen our unity through Hindi our national language,” faced criticism.
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan described Shah’s idea as a “war cry” on the people of non-Hindi-speaking states.
- Other parties in the state (except the BJP), united in opposing Shah’s statement, saying Shah is trying to divert attention from the economic situation of the country.