TRS, BJP to compete for Cantonment Polls
By The Times Of India 14-Sep-2019
- The ruling TRS met with the ministry of defence (MoD) to conduct elections in Secunderabad Cantonment two months after BJP submitted a similar representation.
- A delegation led by Telangana government representative in Delhi S Venugopal Chary met the director general defence estates (DGDE), MoD and made the representation.
- Secunderabad Cantonment MLA G Sayanna stated that a positive reponse had been received from DDGE on their representation.
- After winning four Lok Sabha seats, including the Secunderabad Lok Sabha seat, the BJP wants to consolidate its strength in the cantonment area.
- There are 62 cantonments and Pune, Kirkee and Varanasi Cantonment Board elections are being held on a party basis. All other boards, including Secunderabad, have been holding these elections on a non-party basis.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know