TRS chief now faces new challenge after cabinet expansion
Also Read: Telangana CM increased the workload of 4 ministers
- The TRS party is in a tight spot situation after its cabinet expansion which left some of its senior leaders unhappy.
- The party is now busy offering them nominated posts. But the problem is that, while over 50 leaders, especially MLAs, are eyeing key nominated posts, the number of such posts on offer is just a dozen.
- A day before undertaking the cabinet expansion, chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao had made it clear that senior leaders like Kadiyam Srihari, Nayani Narasimha Reddy and Palla Rajeshwar Reddy, all MLCs, and Bajireddy Govardhan and MLAs, would be rewarded key positions.
- The party leadership, however,is facing problem as there are only few prominent posts, which carry cabinet minister tag such as chairman of Telangana State RTC and chairman of Rythu Samanvaya Samithi.
- But according to party sources, the chief minister is likely to offer Rajya Sabha membership to some leaders as the MP posts are set to fall vacant early next year.