Mizoram: Bru organisations welcoming repatriation
Also read: Mizoram: governor held a meeting over tribal issues
- Centre’s decision to repatriate over 4,400 bru families from Tripura has been welcomed by Bru organizations and a group of displaced Bru people.
- The organisation said, “We affirm our support to the ninth phase of the repatriation process, which will begin from October 1st to resolve the long-standing crisis.”
- Many organizations also expressed gratitude to the Centre for looking after the displaced Bru families for over 22 years.
- They also thanked the Tripura government for dealing with relief works without any disruption.
- Meanwhile, District Level Core Committee meeting was held to discusse the facilities to be given to the repatriated Bru families.