Maharashtra to Draft Sustainable Rehabilitation Plan for Flood-hit Areas, Says CM Fadnavis
By News18 13-Sep-2019
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Thursday announced that the state government would draft a sustainable rehabilitation plan for the flood-hit parts of the state with the help of the World Bank (WB) and the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
- Due to heavy rainfall, several districts of Maharashtra witnessed devastating floods last month, with Sangli and Kolhapur becoming the worst-hit districts.
- Severe floods in the five districts of western Maharashtra had claimed the lives of over 60 people. The state had sought financial assistance of Rs 6,000 crore for carrying out the rehabilitation and relief works in the flood-hit regions.
- Representatives of the WB and the ADB had recently visited the flood-affected areas of Sangli and Kolhapur districts.
- Fadnavis on Thursday chaired a meeting with the WB and ADB representatives here, which was attended by state chief secretay Ajoy Mehta and officials from the departments concerned.
'ओला-ऊबर के कारण ऑटो सेक्टर में मंदी' - क्या निर्मला सीतारमण के इस बयान से आप सहमत है ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know