Work on Deocha Pachami coal Will Start after Rehabilitation
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee said that work on the proposed Deocha Pachami coal block will start only after rehabilitation of the 4,000 people.
- While announcing the project he said, “We will not rush through the project and will take the people into confidence before commencing work.”
- She said that a Memorandum of Understanding between the Centre and State government on the project will be signed next week.
Also Read: Mamata Banerjee to Lead the Protest Against NRC
- She assured that the people residing in the area need not fear as the government will take the responsibility of these families.
- Mamata Banerjee said that it will take five years for the project to come to fruition & the coal reserves will increase the earnings of WB and also the GoI.