Meghalaya Fears Spillover From Assam NRC,223 Stopped At Border
By Ndtv 11-Sep-2019
- Chief Minister Conrad Sangma informed the state legislative assembly explaining that 223 people had been stopped at check posts because they lacked documents to establish their citizenship.
- The Meghalaya Chief Minister also said security had been increased along the border, by keeping 24-hour vigils.
- Chief Minister told the assembly, "Instructions were issued to carry out comprehensive checking and not allow anyone coming from Assam without sufficient proof of documents".
- He also said that nearly 30 additional check points had been set up in different districts and that these too would be manned on a 24-hour basis.
- Chief Minister Conrad Sangma is a key BJP ally in the North East but has been highlighting his fears over the CAB.
ALSO READ: Meghalaya MLA uses abusive language in Assembly
क्या संतोष गंगवार के बयान का असर महाराष्ट्र चुनाव में होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know