Home Ministry to reopen 1984 case against Kamal Nath
- After 35 years, the Union Home Ministry has now decided to reopen seven cases related to the 1984 riots.
- It includes one involving the killing of two men outside Gurdwara Rakabganj, where Kamal Nath, now the CM of MP, was allegedly present.
- Sajjan Kumar was sentenced to life for his role, with the court saying his earlier acquittal suffered from ‘manifest illegality’.
- Now follows Kamal Nath’s case whose aides have described it as a case of political vendetta as he defeated the BJP in MP.
- Kamal Nath has not been investigated nor is there a court case pending against him; it is for the law to determine if he was instigating or protecting the people.
ALSO READ: मुख्यमंत्री आवास मिशन: शहरी गरीबों के लिए बनेंगे 5 लाख मकान