NE should not enter in the range of CAB, Mizoram CM urges Amit Shah NE should not enter in the range of CAB, Mizoram CM urges Amit Shah
By Northeast Now 18-Sep-2019
- Mizoram CM Zoramthanga on Monday urged Union Home Minister Amit Shah to exclude the Northeastern States from the purview of the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill.
- Zoramthanga, while addressing the fourth North East Democratic Alliance (NEDA) Conclave in Guwahati, did not elaborate his reasons for excluding NE from the range of the CAB.
- CM remarked, “All political parties that have supported the contentious bill are on the verge of committing suicide.”
- The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2016, also known as CAB, seeks to grant Indian citizenship to non-Muslim immigrants from Bangladesh, Pakistan and Afghanistan, who had entered India due to religious persecution.
- Even the Bill was opposed by most of the regional political parties and other organizations from the Northeastern region, it was passed in the Lok Sabha on January 8, 2019 but lapsed in the Rajya Sabha.
क्या संतोष गंगवार के बयान का असर महाराष्ट्र चुनाव में होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know