Haryana Speaker disqualifies five ex-INLD MLAs
By Tribune 11-Sep-2019
- Haryana Assembly Speaker Kanwar Pal Gurjar today disqualified five former MLAs of the Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) under the anti-defection law.
- Those dismissed are Naina Chautala (Dabwali), Anoop Dhanak (Uklana), Rajdeep Phogat (Dadri), Prithi Singh (Narwana), all of whom switched sides by joining the Jannayak Janata Party (JJP), and Naseem Ahmed (Ferozepur Jhirka), who joined the Congress and later the BJP.
- INLD secretary general Abhay Singh Chautala and Fatehabad MLA Balwan Singh Daulatpuria had filed petitions seeking disqualifications.
- The order said, “Though their resignations from the membership of Haryana Vidhan Sabha have been accepted by me with effect from September 3,”
- Ahmed out of them had joined the Congress in April, but later switched over to the BJP in August. Party state president BD Dhalia said the Speaker’s order had exposed the MLAs’ gimmick of tendering resignations.
ALSO READ: Cong Leader Bhupinder Singh Hooda Granted Leader of Opposition Status Ahead of Polls in Haryana
क्या संतोष गंगवार के बयान का असर महाराष्ट्र चुनाव में होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know