Cong Leader Bhupinder Singh Hooda Granted Leader of Opposition Status Ahead of Polls in Haryana
By News 18 11-Sep-2019
- Days after being declared as the Congress Legislative Party (CLP) leader in Haryana, Speaker Kanwar Pal on Tuesday granted Bhupinder Singh Hooda the status of the Leader of Opposition in the assembly.
- The speaker took the decision on a letter sent by newly appointed Haryana Congress president Kumari Selja.
- She had requested that being the single largest opposition party, Hooda be granted the status as he had unanimously been elected the leader of the Congress Legislative Party.
- Earlier, the post was held by Abhay Singh Chautala of the Indian National Lok Dal, who lost it after some of his party MLAs resigned and switched sides.
- Hooda, a two-time chief minister, had replaced Kiran Chaudhary as the CLP leader. The assembly polls in Haryana are slated for October this year.
ALSO READ: मुझे पंचायत का हर फैसला मंजूर : चौटाला
'ओला-ऊबर के कारण ऑटो सेक्टर में मंदी' - क्या निर्मला सीतारमण के इस बयान से आप सहमत है ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know