SC to Hear the Petition of 17 Disqualified MLAs of Karnataka
Also Read: BJP government in Karnataka politicizing development work: Congress
- On Wednesday, the Supreme Court will hear the petition of the disqualified MLAs in Karnataka.
- The 17 Karnataka MLAs of Congress and JDS filed a petition after former speaker Ramesh Kumar disqualified them just before the floor test.
- The 9 disqualified MLAs filed a petition in SC on 1st August and requested them to disqualify the decision of Ramesh Kumar.
- Earlier, the SC ordered former speaker to take a decision on the resignation of the MLAs as per the constitution.
- After which Ramesh Kuma disqualified 14 rebel MLAs and rejected their resignations.