Amartya Sen and Noam Chomsky appreciates Kerala efforts to tackle Coronavirus
- Nobel laureate Amartya Sen and eminent US political activist Noam Chomsky on Friday applauded the efforts of Kerala Government in the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Both of them were speaking online while taking part in the debate series, ‘Kerala Dialogue' organised by the Kerala government.
- Sen said the main reason why Kerala has done a good job is because of the progressive steps Kerala has made in the public education and the health sector.
- While Chomsky said that very few places handled the pandemic like Kerala did.
- Chomsk said that Vietnam was one country and they managed to fight the pandemic without registering a single death. Likewise South Korea also handled it well so did countries like New Zealand and Taiwan, but the US failed to handle it and the death toll is one lakh and is rising.
Also Read: Pinarayi Vijayan slams state Congress chief for calling health minister "COVID Rani"