Gujarat: Ferry PM Modi rode for Ro-Ro launch is up for sale
By Indianexpress 03-Dec-2019
- Facing losses, Gujarat-based Ro-Ro ferry operator in the Gulf of Khambhat has put up for sale the vessel that Prime Minister Narendra Modi rode in October 2017 while inaugurating the Roll-on, Roll-off (Ro-Ro) ferry service.
- The services of the vessel, Island Jade, and another vessel, Voyage Symphony, were suspended in September this year as enough draft was not available to run the vessel.
- There is no motivation to continue operating the service in Gulf of Khambhat. We are clocking losses and it is only a matter of time when we might run into bankruptcy.
- We have already put out an advertisement and we plan to sell Island Jade within a month, said Chetan Contractor, head of Indigo Seaways, which operates the ferry service in the Gulf of Khambhat under the brand name DG Sea Connect.
- At present, the company has two ferries — Island Jade and Voyage Symphony — being used by the operator to bridge the 31 km between Ghogha and Dahej through the sea.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know