Gujarat: Ferry PM Modi rode for Ro-Ro launch is up for sale
- Facing losses, Gujarat-based Ro-Ro ferry operator in the Gulf of Khambhat has put up for sale the vessel that Prime Minister Narendra Modi rode in October 2017 while inaugurating the Roll-on, Roll-off (Ro-Ro) ferry service.
- The services of the vessel, Island Jade, and another vessel, Voyage Symphony, were suspended in September this year as enough draft was not available to run the vessel.
- There is no motivation to continue operating the service in Gulf of Khambhat. We are clocking losses and it is only a matter of time when we might run into bankruptcy.
- We have already put out an advertisement and we plan to sell Island Jade within a month, said Chetan Contractor, head of Indigo Seaways, which operates the ferry service in the Gulf of Khambhat under the brand name DG Sea Connect.
Also Read: BJP nominates 2002 riots accused from Anand LS seat
- At present, the company has two ferries — Island Jade and Voyage Symphony — being used by the operator to bridge the 31 km between Ghogha and Dahej through the sea.