Plan to repatriate Bru refugees fail, fate of 32,000 uncertain
By Newindiaexpress 01-Dec-2019
- The latest initiative to send the Bru refugees living in relief camps in north Tripura back to Mizoram failed.
- Only 171 families of the targeted 4,447 returned to their homeland, officials said on Saturday when the repatriation came to an end.
- The fate of around 32,000 inmates remaining in the camps now hangs in balance.
- The officials said free ration was distributed to the inmates of the camps at Kanchanpur and Panisagar sub-divisions for the last time on Saturday as, according to government instructions, it would be stopped from Sunday.
- Altogether 4,447 displaced Bru families were scheduled to return to neighbouring Mizoram from where they started fleeing since 1997 following ethnic clashes.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know