MP takes up 5% ceiling issue in Lok Sabha
By Thetribune 28-Nov-2019
- MP Kirron Kher today raised the issue of appointment on compassionate grounds in Lok Sabha.
- Kirron said the objective of the scheme of compassionate appointments was to provide job to a dependent family member of a government servant who died in harness or who retired on medical grounds before attaining the age of 55.
- Due to a ceiling of 5 per cent for direct recruitment vacancies on making such appointments, the rightful beneficiaries from the UT of Chandigarh have been unable to avail themselves of the scheme benefits.
- Kirron said Chandigarh has adopted the Punjab State Civil Services Rules and accordingly, the benefits of employees of the UT, with regard to pay, allowances, age of retirement, pension, benefits, etc, have been brought in line with that of the state of Punjab.
- In many cases, applicants have had to wait for over a decade, she said.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know