Crime prevention should remain priority through community policing: Kiran Bedi
By Financialexpress 27-Nov-2019
- Puducherry Lt Governor Kiran Bedi on Wednesday said crime prevention should remain a priority through community policing at police station level in the Union Territory and all sections of society should be co-opted.
- In her whatsapp message, the former IPS officer referred to the initiatives of the Director General of Police of Puducherry Balaji Shrivastava, holding meetings with senior police officers to evolve strategy to curb crimes.
- “Crime prevention should remain a priority through community policing at the police station level and all sections of society should be co-opted,” she said, adding this could be achieved through a well nurtured police system.
- Besides, Bedi suggested regular visits to senior citizens and vulnerable sections in their areas by beat officers to help check exploitation.
- “The beat officers should also ensure that past criminals living in their areas live a reformed life by being involved in productive employment or live peacefully,” she said.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know