Private forest report: no HC relief to Goa govt
By Navhindtimes 26-Nov-2019
- The High Court of Bombay at Goa has refused relief to the Goa government on fines imposed by the National Green Tribunal (NGT) for not submitting report on private forests.
- The state government has withdrawn a writ petition filed before the High Court with liberty to file a statutory appeal.
- The High Court wanted to know why the state government was not submitting the report.
- The Advocate General (AG) replied that it conflicted with the natural justice of landowners.
- Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) can levy such fines and that the NGT had no power to do so.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know