Cong warns of anti-Javadekar protests at IFFI closing gala
By Outlookindia 25-Nov-2019
- After a string of demonstrations against the presence of Union Environment and Forests Minister that marred the inaugural session of the 50th edition of IFFI on November 20.
- The Congress warned Chief Minister Pramod Sawant to ensure that Prakash Javadekar didn''t return for the festival''s closing gala, until he withdrew the letter granting nod to Karnataka''s Kalasa-Banduri dam project.
- Three persons were arrested for raising anti-Javadekar slogans, while the Opposition workers staged a demonstration with placards saying, ''Go Back Javadekar'.
- The project aims to divert water from the Mhadei river to the water-deficit basin of the Malaprabha river, ostensibly for drinking water purposes.
- The request for withdrawal of the MoEF clearance was made by an all-party delegation, led by Sawant, on November 4. Sawant has maintained the project would wreak "ecological catastrophe" in Goa.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know