5 states have not received GST compensation from past 3 months
By Aaj Tak 09-Dec-2019
- In the absence of compensation for Goods and Services Tax for about 3 months, five states have appealed to the Central Government that their dues should be given soon.
- The Finance Ministers of West Bengal, Punjab, Kerala, Rajasthan and Delhi have issued a joint statement on the issue.
- In their joint statement, they said that due to non-receipt of this compensation, the states are under financial pressure and no clarification has been given by the Centre.
- Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Badal said that only two days of ration is left for the prisoners in his state and the state government doesn’t even have the money.
- GST accounts for about 60 percent of the total revenue of the states. According to the agreement of the Center with the State Governments while implementing GST, the Centre will compensate the loss of revenue from it.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know