Goa files review petition in Supreme Court over mining ban
By Sentinelassam 21-Nov-2019
- More than a year after mining was banned in the state by the Supreme Court in 2018, the Goa government on Tuesday filed a review petition with the apex court seeking a relook of the mining ban.
- Chief Minister Pramod Sawant told reporters that the state government was deeply concerned about the impact of the mining ban on the livelihoods of the people living in the state’s mining belt.
- “Review petition against the Supreme Court judgment imposing mining ban in Goa has been filed by Goa government today.
- “We are deeply concerned about the effects of mining closure on the livelihoods of our people.
- This major step is one of our many persistent attempts towards safeguarding the interests of the mining community and the Goan economy,” Sawant added.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know