HC can’t review Cabinet call to privatise bus routes: Telangana government
यह भी पढ़ें: अर्थव्यवस्था के मुद्दे पर बोले ओवैसी, मोदी सरकार ने देश को बांटा
- The Telangana government told the HC that the Cabinet decision of November 2 to give permits to 5,100 private bus operators per se may not be open to judicial review since the process is still pending.
- Therefore, further process as required under the constitutional scheme may not be interdicted with by the High Court.
- Till a GO is issued, the Cabinet decision which is founded upon the statute of Parliament viz Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 cannot be called in question, since it has not fructified into a GO, it noted.
- In this regard, Chief Secretary SK Joshi on Saturday filed an additional counter affidavit with a plea to dismiss the PIL filed by Prof PL Vishweshwar Rao, vice-president of Telangana Jana Samithi, challenging the cabinet’s decision to privatise permits of 5,100 routes existing in the TSRTC.
- The petitioner sought stay of all further proceedings in privatisation of 5,100 permits of the RTC in pursuance of cabinet decision.