HC can’t review Cabinet call to privatise bus routes: Telangana government
By Newindianexpress 17-Nov-2019
- The Telangana government told the HC that the Cabinet decision of November 2 to give permits to 5,100 private bus operators per se may not be open to judicial review since the process is still pending.
- Therefore, further process as required under the constitutional scheme may not be interdicted with by the High Court.
- Till a GO is issued, the Cabinet decision which is founded upon the statute of Parliament viz Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 cannot be called in question, since it has not fructified into a GO, it noted.
- In this regard, Chief Secretary SK Joshi on Saturday filed an additional counter affidavit with a plea to dismiss the PIL filed by Prof PL Vishweshwar Rao, vice-president of Telangana Jana Samithi, challenging the cabinet’s decision to privatise permits of 5,100 routes existing in the TSRTC.
- The petitioner sought stay of all further proceedings in privatisation of 5,100 permits of the RTC in pursuance of cabinet decision.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know