Junagadh to get new court complex at Azad Chowk
Smriti Irani wields two swords, performs ‘talwar raas’ in Gujarat
- ACCEDING TO demands from lawyers and local leaders, the state government on Friday announced that a new court complex will be constructed in Junagadh in place of the old Civil Hospital at Azad Chowk.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today (Friday) decided to build a new iconic high-rise eco-friendly court building at Junagadh, in deference to the years’ old demand of the local lawyers and people.
- The new court building, occupying 38,000 sqm, will have solar panels, landscaping and adequate parking space.
- It will have district and other courts under one roof, at the plot where the old Civil Hospital is located, an official release from the state information department said.
- The decision comes after repeated representations from the Junagadh Bar Association, other organisations and local leaders.