TDP suspends Andhra MLA Vallabhaneni Vamsi for 'anti-party' activities
- TDP in Andhra Pradesh issued a show-cause notice to Gannavaram MLA Vallabhananeni Vamsi, expelling him over his 'anti-party activities'.
- TDP disciplinary committee chairman Varla Ramaiah issued the notice
- in which he has asked for an explanation over his 'anti-party activities' and had given 15 days to respond.
- The move came after TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu held an urgent meeting of senior party leaders along with MPs.
- The show-cause notice came a day after Vamsi told reporters that he would be backing the YSRCP and had submitted his resignation from the TDP a few days ago.
- Previously, on Thursday the President of TDP's youth wing 'Telugu Yuvata', Devineni Avinash, also quit the party to join the YSRCP.