'Mafia backed by Jagan created sand scarcity in Andhra': Naidu sits on hunger strike
- Former AP CM Chandrababu Naidu in his strike "Deeksha" alleged that the sand scarcity in the state was created by a sand mafia that was active with the full support of CM Jagan.
- TDP chief said that the sand mafia had spread its activities to neighboring states as the sand from Andhra Pradesh was being transported illegally to Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
- Claiming that the man-made scarcity of sand has brought the construction activity in the state to a halt, he said over 35 lakh workers have lost their livelihood.
- Naidu alleged that about 50 workers committed suicide as they were not finding the work in the absence of construction activity.
- Naidu demanded financial assistance of Rs 10,000 per month each to all the construction workers and Rs 25 lakh compensation for the kin of those workers who committed suicide.