Two-year imprisonment and Rs 2 lakh fine for sand hoarders in Andhra
By News Minute 14-Nov-2019
- With sand shortage is causing distress among workers, the state government has announced that those hoarding sand will face two-year imprisonment.
- Information Minister Perni Venkataramaiah also told reporters that a fine of Rs 2 lakh would also be imposed on sand hoarders.
- The decision was taken at the state cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy.
- It was also decided to observe a 'Sand Week' from November 14 to improve the availability of sand.
- Meanwhile, the opposition leader and TDP president N. Chandrababu Naidu will be undertaking a day-long fast in Vijayawada on the sand shortage issue on Thursday.
ALSO READ: State FM defends move to cancel Amaravati project with Singapore consortium
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know