Can’t accept foreigners even if they speak Assamese — new NRC coordinator said on Facebook
By Theprint 12-Nov-2019
- The new state coordinator of the National Register of Citizens (NRC) has, in the past, expressed views on social media that could raise questions about how he approaches the contentious exercise.
- Hitesh Dev Sarma, a 1989-batch Assam Civil Service (ACS) officer, has made several posts on Facebook which have been critical of “East Pakistani Muslims” (Muslims from Bangladesh) residing in Assam.
- In one such post on 1 October 2019, Sarma said: “I like Arnab Goswami’s logic. We cannot accept a foreigner as Indian even if he speaks Assamese…”
- Approached for a comment by ThePrint, Sarma refused to comment on whether his posts regarding the NRC would lead to a conflict of interest, adding that his Facebook profile was “very personal”.
- The SC’s decision to transfer Hajela had come a little over a month after the NRC list, which left out over 19 lakh applicants, was published in Assam on 31 August.
दिल्ली में CAA को लेकर हो रहे हिंसक प्रदर्शन के लिए जिम्मेदार कौन है ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know