Karnataka MLA Disqualification case: Supreme Court to pronounce judgement on Wednesday
By Barandbench 10-Nov-2019
- The Supreme Court will pronounce its judgment in the plea filed by the 17 disqualified MLAs from Karnataka challenging their disqualification from the Karnataka Assembly on November 13, Wednesday.
- The judgment will be rendered by a three-judge bench comprising Justices NV Ramana, Sanjiv Khanna, and Krishna Murari. The Court had reserved orders in the case on October 25.
- In July this year, petitions were filed by 17 ex-MLAs of Karnataka challenging their disqualification by the previous Speaker of the Assembly.
- The resignation of the 17 MLAs from the Congress and JD(S) parties eventually brought down the HD Kumaraswamy-led regime in Karnataka in July this year.
- They were thereafter disqualified on grounds of defection by former Speaker, KR Ramesh. The Supreme Court issued notice in the petitions in September this year.
क्या करतारपुर कॉरिडोर खोलना हो सकता है ISI का एजेंडा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know