Alert meetings, marches continue in Manipur ahead of Naga peace deal
By Hindustantimes 10-Nov-2019
- Manipur has been witnessing public ‘alert meetings’ and ‘alert marches’ in many parts to highlight the need to safeguard the state’s interests and territory in connection with the Naga peace process.
- The ‘alert meetings’ were held during the day and ‘alert marches’ were organised in the evenings in many localities in the state since the last month under the initiative of the Coordinating Committee on Integrity of Manipur (Cocomi).
- The council is a newly-formed joint body of major civil society organisations in the state, which is demanding the disclosure of the terms of agreement reached between the Centre and Isak-Muivah faction of National Socialist Council of Nagaland (NSCN-IM)—the largest of the Naga rebel outfits—on October 31 and the protection of Manipur’s interest.
- On Saturday, ‘alert meetings’ were held at Keishampat Leimajam Leikai, Takyel Kolom Leikai, All Manipur Sports Association premises and Thongju in Imphal West district, according to Cocomi sources.
- There were reports that ‘alert marches’ by women were also held in other areas on Friday evening.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know